ACCOUNTANT AND ADMINISTRATOR
About samuel ngure:
As an Administrative and Accounting Professional, my commitment to accuracy, efficiency, and collaboration has allowed me to manage financial operations while providing essential administrative support successfully. With a strong foundation in accounting principles and a keen eye for detail, I am well-equipped to provide efficient administrative support while ensuring financial accuracy and compliance. My dedication to maintaining organized systems, optimizing processes, and fostering a collaborative work environment has allowed me to excel in my career. I have also gained excellent financial skills and am conversant with financial reporting standards like IFRS, IAS, and Kenyan Tax laws. With a solid professional background, relevant certifications, and a track record of accomplishments, I am prepared to contribute to any organization's success in administration and accounting.
Administrator, HOD KASNEB Courses and Lecturer
Royal Business School; May 2021- To Date
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acting as the custodian of class registration forms and ensuring the participants are fully signed and qualified.
- Coordinating the KASNEB units and classes and lecturing accounting units.
- Confirming to the participants that the class is scheduled and updating the class records with the participants' details.
- Overseeing the distribution of course materials and preparing the scheduled class package – tags, pens, manual.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the services are being provided as per required standards during training
- Ensuring all participants are registered, preparing the exam registration details, and handing them over to the exam administrator.
- Preparing and ensuring feedback forms are captured while updating the students’ records.
- Keeping appropriate training records by ensuring students' records are up to date and fit for purpose – including collating data from trainers and training partners and overseeing an information resource bank for trainers.
- Contributing to developing and updating marketing materials, newsletters, and social media.
- Partaking in other duties assigned to me by the College’s Director.
Davis and Shirtliff Company; May 2019 to May 2020
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracked the utilization of capital and operational expenditure against the approved budget and reported on the same.
- Maintained and updated the Fleet and Fixed Assets Register, including computation of monthly depreciation and posting the same to the General Ledger.
- Reviewed transaction posting in the general ledger, cash book, and other subsidiary ledgers.
- Ensured safe custody of Commission records and accountable documents and validated monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Confirmed the accuracy and completeness of accounts receivables (invoicing, receipting, banking, and reconciliations) and reported as appropriate.
- Processed payroll and reconciliation, performed budget analysis, filed returns, and ensured that statutory deductions were accurate and remitted on time.
- Maintained staff imprest and advanced ledgers and assisted in preparing financial management reports.
- Any other duties that the Officer might assign from time to time.
Interglobal Training College; January 2019-March 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lectured accounting units (Financial Accounting, Quantitative analysis, financial reporting), issued assignments to students and maintained the College’s Financial records.
- Undertook consultancies with local and international organizations within areas of expertise to enhance the image of the College.
- Established collaborative linkages and networks through communication, collaboration, and participation in resource mobilization for the College.
- Engaged with local and international stakeholders to establish linkages and networks to work together for the betterment of communities in various ways, such as research and innovations.
- Controlled and managed research budgets to ensure accountability of allocated funds.
- Performed any other duties as assigned to me by the College’s Director.
OTHER PAST EXPERIENCES
Accounts Assistant (Intern)- Kenya Rural Roads Authority (KERRA); August 2017- October 2017: Carried out accounting system maintenance, recorded, updated, captured, and properly cared for all financial records.
Peer Teacher- Ngalalya Secondary School; January 2014 - September 2014: Taught Mathematics and Chemistry, supervised examinations, conducted tree planting processes, and organized school- club football matches.
- Masters in Economics- Kenyatta University 2021- Ongoing
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics with IT-Maseno University; 2014- 2018
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education- Chogoria Boys High School; 2010-2013
Professionals who compete with samuel
Professionals in the same Accounting / Finance sector as samuel ngure
Professionals from different sectors near Nairobi, Nairobi Area
Other users who are called samuel
Jobs near Nairobi, Nairobi Area
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) Nairobi, Kenya Full time
The United Nations Office for Project Services is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, gove ...
2 months agoDirect apply
beBee Professionals Nairobi, Kenya Sales & Marketing Freelance KSh20,000 - KSh30,000 per month
A private international organization (NGO) in partnership with the government has created new vacancies for graduates and undergraduates within Nairobi. Our company deals with Worldwide Business Inven ...
3 weeks agoDirect apply
beBee Professionals Nairobi, Kenya Business Consultants Freelance KSh25,000 - KSh35,000 per month