About Mwaura Murugi:
I am a hard-working, professional and thorough person who enjoys the challenge of both leading and managing people, and also seeing projects and tasks through to successful completion. I pride myself on a strong work ethic and an ability to motivate a team in order to get the best out of them.
Team Leader at Mogo Finance
Nairobi|August 2021 - January 2023 (1yr 4mos)
Banking, Finance & Insurance|Customer Service & Support|45,000 - 60,000|Full Time
Deputizing the Relationship manager
Managing the inventories and ensuring the loan officers fill it, keeping detailed records of inventory use and sales and advising management on ordering where necessary.
Encouraging the team members, including the team goals and identifying areas of new training or skill checks.
Assisting in recruiting and induction training for the new hires
Communicating monthly targets and deadlines to the new members.
Developing strategies to promote team members adherence to he loan processing regulations/routines and performance goals.
Doing performance appraisals to the team members
Conduct team meetings to update members on changes in process, target achievement and expectations.
Generate and share detailed reports about team performance.
Sharing leads with the team and making sure they are followed up on time.
Ensure company brand materials and physical working spaces meet company standards.
Following up on insurance cases.
Loan Officer at Mogo Finance
Kiambu|July 2020 - July 2021 (1yr)
Banking, Finance & Insurance|Accounting, Auditing & Finance|15,000 - 30,000|Contract
- Meet with loan applicants to identify their needs and collect information for loan applications.
- Interviewing applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans.
- Helping clients in the signing of the loan agreements and educating them on company loan policies and regulations.
- Submitting loan applications on time to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
- Responding to applicants questions and resolving any loan related issues.
- Handling customer complaints and taking appropriate actions to resolve them.
- Maintaining knowledge on all loan servicing procedures in order to advise the clients accordingly.
- Providing the customer with the guidance on the lending process and helping them determine the most suitable loan option for them.
- Working with existing clients to strengthen relationships, encourage referrals and enhance the company reputation among others seeking loans.
- Utilizing my professional judgement to determine which potential borrowers represents good risk opportunities for the organization.
Customer Service Executive at Absa Bank Kenya PLC
Nairobi|July 2019 - March 2020 (8mos)
Banking, Finance & Insurance|Customer Service & Support|15,000 - 30,000|Internship & Graduate
- I ensured banking hall operations run smoothly and are followed as per bank procedures and controls.
- Promote the delivery of improved customer service to customers working in collaboration with my colleagues and branch manager
- Continuously identifying and developing relevant training programs for branch staff on service.
- Acting as an escalation point for unresolved complaints within the branch may be raised from time to time.
- Manage complaints process for the branch to ensure complaints are resolved as per timelines set by the business.
- Ensure the majority of the customers complaints are resolved within 24 hours.
- Driving service transformation initiatives for service excellence in the branch.
- Queue management i.e. queues walking, resolving inquiries by identifying quick-ill and directing all other queries to relevant colleagues, and ensuring proper manning of teller and customer service desk counters to guarantee effective service.
- Coming up with transformative initiatives to drive digital uptake within the branch.
- Act as a spokesperson for the branch explaining sales campaigns and products to customers.
- Ensuring that the branch and on-site ATM's are clean and presentable.
- Ensuring that product pamphlets, campaign merchandising and branch stationery (such as deposit slips and pens) are adequately stocked and in good working order.
- Observing the physical appearance of frontline staff, coach them where there are deviations from minimum standards, and escalate any continuous non-compliance to the branch manager.
- Arranging logistics for dedicated customer focus days within the branch and feedback the results of the focus days to the branch manager and focus day participants.
Attaché at Dudutech IPM solution
Naivasha|May 2018 - August 2018 (3mos)
Agriculture, Fishing & Forestry|Farming & Agriculture|Less than 15,000|Internship & Graduate
Making sure that all the required components for making mediums are in the lab and the medium is made perfectly. Monitoring the incubation rooms to make sure that all the parameters needed in the lab are right. Making the lab is clean and sterilized before the works day begins and cleaning the lab and glassware after working with them. Making sure that all the products being packed for sale are in the right concentration to maintain the quality of the product. Monitoring and assessing any type of contamination in the incubation room. Analysis of soil and plant pathogenic diseases, identifying the diseases, and providing solutions to the farmers.
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
Bachelor: Bsc. in Agriculture and Biotechnology|September 2015 - May 2019
Epren College of Professional Studies
Certificate: Computer packages|March 2015 - April 2015
Marshall College of Professional Studies
Certificate: QuickBooks July 2015 - August 2015
Professionals who compete with Mwaura
Professionals in the same Administrative sector as Mwaura Murugi
Professionals from different sectors near Kiambu
Other users who are called Mwaura
Jobs near Kiambu
Lutheran World Federation Nairobi, Kenya Full time
ABOUT THE COMPANY · We have been active in northwest Kenya in the Kakuma Refugee Camp since the camp was established in 1992. In Turkana West district,The program has been implementing host community ...
1 month agoDirect apply
beBee Professionals Nairobi, Kenya Customer Service Representatives Freelance KSh25,000 - KSh30,000 per month
is in charge of carrying out the beneficiary identification and lead the distribution process, distribution site selection process, set up and carry out the distribution and ensure strong community in ...
Old Mutual Kenya Nairobi, Kenya Full time
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management and investment. · We offer solutions to individuals and corporates under ...