General Supplies Manager
About Abdiwahid Hassan:
Efficient finance and administration professional with much knowledge in financial control and reporting skills. Possesses strategic planning abilities necessary for developing and implementing a workable management system that will ease daily operations. Seeking to apply creative problem solving and financial management skills with a growing company to achieve optimum utilization of its resources and maximum profits.
THE UNITED NATIONS OFFICE AT NAIROBI
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT - INTERN
May 15 2023- PRESENT
Responsibilities and achievements
Budget, Finance and Contract Management.
- Assist with the day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services as guided by respective team leaders.
- Assist in monitoring material inventory, ensuring sufficient safety stocks and monitoring goods issuance.
- Assist in auditing the contractors' invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN.
- Assist with the follow-up on suppliers/vendors' payments and draft routine correspondence as guided by respective team leaders. General Administration and Operations Support.
- Assist the operations team to ensure the proper organization, implementation, monitoring and control of procurement actions in progress as guided by respective team leaders.
- Assist the respective teams with filing documents, typing, copying and minute-taking.
- Assist with daily customer service at the front desk and drafting office correspondence.
- Maintaining and updating the UN Fuel Station Integrated System, UN Recreation Centre and Commissary Customer databases.
- Assist with receiving and inspecting consignments destined for the United Nations Commissary.
- Assist with preparing routine office correspondence and undertaking other office administration duties that the respective team leaders may assign.
Archiving. - Assist in maintaining a central list of records transferred to archives by entering data of legacy records into the system, as guided by the respective team leaders. - Sorting and inventorying legacy records. - Appraising records in the archives.
- Assist in accessioning and receiving records transfer lists and reviewing the accuracy of the transfer list.
- Participate in designing, improving, and streamlining archives and records management programmes.
- Assist in carrying out research within the UN Archives Network on archives and records management and the move to digitization.
- Ensure that all departments have updated copies of their records in archives, including the retention schedules.
TETRIX VENTURES LIMITED
PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER May 2022 - Present
Responsibilities and achievements:
Achieved annual cost savings through the implementation of cost-saving
initiatives within the procurement process, resulting in improved
Reduced supply chain lead times by 20%, enhancing operational
efficiency and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services to
Negotiated favorable terms and conditions with key suppliers, resulting
in a 15% decrease in procurement costs and improved supplier
Implemented an advanced inventory management system, reducing
carrying costs by 10% and improving overall inventory turnover.
Led cross-functional teams in strategic sourcing initiatives, resulting in
cost savings and improved supplier quality and performance.
Successfully integrated sustainable sourcing practices, identifying, and collaborating with eco-friendly suppliers, leading to a 30% reduction in
Developed and implemented robust supply chain risk management
strategies, minimizing disruptions, and ensuring business continuity during unforeseen events, resulting in a 25% reduction in supply chain disruptions.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT January 2019 – April 2023 Responsibilities and achievements:
Oversaw and managed the general ledger, conducting monthly balance
sheet, banking, and inter-company reconciliations with 99% accuracy.
Managed all financial accounting activities for business operations,
streamlining processes and reducing turnaround time by 30%.
Determined accounting errors or discrepancies and suggested necessary corrective action, reducing the number of errors by 25% and ensuring
compliance with accounting principles and company policies.
Maintained accurate accounting records, resulting in improved
efficiency and reduced audit turnaround time by 20%.
Responded to accounting-related questions and inquiries from employees, providing clear and concise explanations and increasing
employee knowledge and understanding of financial processes.
Prepared and submitted financial reports in a timely and accurate manner, reducing the turnaround time by 50% and improving the
accuracy of financial reporting.
Reviewed all financial reports to ensure accuracy and completeness,
identifying and resolving discrepancies with 100% accuracy and providing insights for financial decision-making.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance), Riara University (Nairobi, Kenya) 2018 – 2021
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education,
Light Academy School (Nairobi, Kenya),
February 2014 – November 2017
Certified Public Accountants (Section II),
Strathmore University (Nairobi, Kenya), May 2023 - Present
International Computer Driving License,
Institute of Advanced Technology (Nairobi, Kenya), September 2021 – January 2022
Professionals who compete with Abdiwahid
Professionals in the same Accounting / Finance sector as Abdiwahid Hassan
Professionals from different sectors near Nairobi, Nairobi Area
Jobs near Nairobi, Nairobi Area
RTI International Nairobi, Kenya Full time
RTI International is a nonprofit organization headquartered in the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina that provides research and technical services. · Purpose of the AssignmentThe purpose of the ...
2 months agoDirect apply
beBee Professionals Westlands, Kenya Business Management Consultants Freelance KSh25,000 - KSh30,000 per month
Answering our business messages to our customers · entering specific details concerning our customer service · Transcripting our data · Ho bisogno di questo servizio: Il più presto possibile · Pri ...
2 months agoDirect apply
beBee Professionals Kawangware, Kenya Party Event Planners Freelance KSh3,000 - KSh5,000 per week
I'm a nail technician, i'm able do do all jobs concerning nails.. That's manicure, pedicure, acrylic on toes and fingers etc · In additional i can do massage plus a shampoo girl · Kailangan ko ang s ...