About asenath afandi:
I am passionate of the GIS technologies, its growths, evolution's and ready to simplify the challenges currently experienced of all kinds in ways that can be understood, interpreted, worked to find solutions by any willing being. I have been practicing Geospatial techniques for a decade now in both the environmental and the water sector. Among the many skills master include; Spatial modelling, change maps (Land Use Land cover), Spatial Database management, Data collection, Web Mapping(Q cloud).
1.March, 2015 – To date: GIS OFFICER- OLOOLAISER WATER AND
SEWERAGE COMPANY; Box 333-00206, Kiserian
Roles and Achievement
- Carried out Data collection by GARMIN GPS map which on analyzing prepared themed visual maps that aided decision making on a number of functionalities and also for planning purposes.
- Performed Data analysis using QGIS and ARC GIS hence able to give statistical and graphical information on a number of parameters for decision making.
- Performed Spatial and non-spatial data analysis using different parameters, providing statistical information for analysis and easy interpretation of data to lower scales.
- By Generating elevation/design profiles with the help of global Mapper brought forth appreciation of the areas of coverage and further planning such as carrying out extensions.
- By conducting Data digitization and referencing it was easy to lead the team in visualizing different parameters
- From the number of trainings in non-revenue water I was able to assist in the calculations and provide visual maps for faster interpretation of the statistics hence analysis.
- Developed and maintained an asset inventory database in the GIS to keep track of the movements of the assets and also their life cycle.
- Prepared land use land cover change maps to understand the change analysis of the water catchment that the service area lies
- Prepared groundwater change maps to analyze the growth and the anticipated changes in the near future
- 2. May 2014-March 2015: GIS INTERN- OLOOLAISER WATER AND SEWERAGE
COMPANY; Box 333-00206, Kiserian
- Created maps and graphs,using GIS software and related equipment for further planning in the various projects being carried out
•Collected, analyzed, and integrated spatial data and showed how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
- Compiled geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, GPS data, field observation, satellite images, and existing maps hence generating profiles and maps for further field surveys
•Analyzed geographic relationships among varying types of data for planning purposes
3.Jan - June 2013: GIS INTERN-NATIONAL ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY, NAIROBI (Kenya)
- Carried out data collection and collation-GARMIN ETREX
- Produced themed maps for planning and decision making
- Worked on digitization of spatial data and analysis
- Carried out Change detection analyses by use of Erdas Imagine
MASTERS OF SCIENCE GEOSPATIAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND REMOTE SENSING- (2023)
Dedan Kimathi University of Science and Technology
BACHELOR OF ARTS GEOGRAPHY (2010 –2014)
Moi University, Eldoret, Kenya SecondClass Upper division
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT (CPA-2)
Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board (KASNEB)
KENYA CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION (KCSE)
Bunyore Girls’High School
KENYA CERTIFICATE OF PRIMARY EDUCATION (KCPE)
Mbale Shalom Academy
Professionals who compete with asenath
Professionals in the same Government / Military sector as asenath afandi
Professionals from different sectors near Ongata Rongai, Nairobi Area
Other users who are called asenath
Jobs near Ongata Rongai, Nairobi Area
Dalberg Nairobi, Kenya Full time
Dalberg is committed to global development and innovation, and offers a variety of advisory services across the international development sector. · Comprised of Dalberg Global Development Advisors, D. ...
GIZ KE Nairobi, Kenya Full time
ABOUT THE COMPANY · GIZ, the German Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH, provides services in the field of international technical cooperation worldwide. In Kenya, it has been active s ...
2 months agoDirect apply
beBee Professionals Nairobi, Kenya Computer Repair Freelance KSh20,000 - KSh35,000 per month
A private international organization (NGO) in partnership with the government has created new vacancies for graduates and undergraduates within Nairobi. Our company deals with Worldwide Business Inven ...