My name is Simon Muthamo, Kenyan male aged 48 years of age.
Currently, I serve as the welfare bus driver, including being in charge of the organization's fleet of vehicles. From my 14 years of experience as a senior driver, I’ve developed the ability to anticipate (roadblocks) and create effective alternative plans. My greatest value to any organization is my ability to work independently, freeing up their time to focus on the needs of the business.
I believe you're looking for someone who understands the nuances of a busy organization, and can proactively tackle issues. As someone with an eye for detail and a drive to organize, I thrive on making sure every day has a clear plan and every plan is clearly communicated.
I would say that as a bus driver, I’m vigilant, proactive and committed to ensuring safety to my passengers. I have driven the buses for 14 years without any accident or incidences,and I like to be thorough documenting all incidents. I’m also a lifelong learner, always seeking new ways and techniques to improve on other areas related to my line of work.
2019-09- 2022 - 11.
Oserian Fairtrade joint body. Naivasha, Kenya.
- Performed all bus driving duties and passenger interaction with professionalism.
- Assisted passengers with disability and other physical issues in boarding and exiting bus to promote passenger safety.
- Adhered to scheduled routes and accomplished timely drop-off and pickups to comply with current route criteria.
- Transported passenger’s safely between destinations while following prescribed routes.
- Conducted pre trip inspection of bus for safe operation.
- Obeyed all local and traffic rules and regulations.
- Provided passenger assistance including route information.
- Developed term communications and information for subcommittee meetings.
- Devoted special emphasis to punctuality and worked to maintain outstanding attendance record, consistency arriving to work ready to start immediately.
- Maintain excellent attendance record consistently arriving to work on time.
- Increased customer satisfaction by safe driving.
- Works with customers to understand needs and provide better services.
- Drive operational improvement which resulted in saving and improve profit margins.
- Book all trips in the trip schedule book.
- Keeping all records of the trips.
- Notify the management in good time of any breakdown of the vehicles.
23/9/2007 - 31/12/2018 Bus Driver.
Oserian development LTD, Naivasha, Kenya.
- Assisted passengers to faster safe loading and unloading from buses during normal and emergency situations.
- Monitored students and other passengers during transit to encourage safe transport.
- Advised passengers on appropriate behavior, to reinforce posted rules and maintain passenger safety.
- Cleaned assigned vehicle to support safety appearance and sanitation of the vehicle.
- Drove bus to safely transport passengers over scheduled routes, and authorized stops.
- Fueled and performed pre-trip and post –trip inspections to support safe operating condition of the vehicle.
- Assisted with disabilities and other physical issues in boarding and exiting bus to promote passenger safety.
- Transported passengers safely between destinations while following prescribed routes.
- Followed established routes with aid from maps and GPS-equipped device to present safely navigate high traffic areas and adhere to present schedule.
- Operated bus and navigation equipment in alignment with company safety standard.
- Maintained excellent attendance record, consistently arriving to work on time.
- Developed team communication and information for sub-committee meetings.
- Drove operational improvement which resulted in savings and improved profit margins.
- Making sure the vehicles has all the necessary licenses e.g. insurance, inspection certificate, and speed governor certificate are renewed in time.
- Company vehicles are serviced in good time.
- The vehicles are securely locked and parked at their designated packing areas within the company premises.
2006/02 – 2007/09. Bus Driver.
City hopper bus company P.O BOX 74925, 00200 Nairobi.
- Driving the company bus from various locations to commuter’s destination.
- Making sure the bus is driven well to the commuter’s comfort and safely.
- Reporting any defects in good time to the company workshop.
- Daily checking of oil, water and the expiry date of the necessary licenses.
- Daily vehicle maintenance and driving instruction.
- Cleaned, maintained vehicle and assessed for any damage after every shift.
- Transported passengers safely between destinations, while following prescribed routes.
- Conducted pre –trip inspections of bus for safe operations.
- Obeyed all traffic rules and regulations.
- Devoted special emphasis to punctuality and worked to maintain outstanding attendance record, consistently arriving to work ready to start immediately.
- Maintained excellent attendance record consistently arriving to work on time.
- Resolved conflicts and negotiated mutual beneficial agreements between parties.
CITY HIGH SCHOOL NAIROBI.
November 1992 K. C. S. E. GRADE attained D PLUS.
Active member Kenya scouts association.
Member wildlife club of Kenya.
Debate club member.
Taekwondo club member.
Since 2003 Undergone through various trainings and workshops in.
- Financial management ------- certificate.
- Firefighting skills --------certificate.
- Basic first aid. ---------certificate.
- Basics of lubrication --------certificate.
- AA defensive driving course --------certificate
- Basic sign language interpretation.
- Good communication.
- G P S and route planning.
- Defensive driving.
- Route logs.
- Computer literate.
- Customer care.
- Commercial driving.
- Customer rapport.
- City and no city driving.
- Defensive driving.
Transportation / Logistics profesionals
Professionals from different sectors near Nairobi, Nairobi Area
Other users who are called simon
Jobs near Nairobi, Nairobi Area
Found in: beBee S2 KE - 3 days ago
BrighterMonday Consulting Nairobi Full time
KES 105,001 - KES 150,000 · Business Development and Revenue Assurance Manager · Nairobi CBD Nairobi Details Employer BrighterMonday Consulting Company Industry Health care Work Type Full time Job Level Mid level Minimum Qualification Bachelor Years Experience 2 years Number of P ...
Found in: beBee S2 KE - 5 days ago
Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF) Nairobi Full time
The AECF provides catalytic funding in the form of repayable and non-repayable grants to businesses that would not otherwise have access to adequate financing. · The AECF is part of the Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) family and has been supported by governments (A ...
Found in: beBee S2 KE - 22 hours ago
Corporatestaffing Nairobi Full time
Communications & Advocacy Director Job, Latest Communications Jobs Kenya,Title: Communications & Advocacy Director- NGO Location: NairobiRegion to be covered: Sub-Saharan AfricaGross Salary: CompetitiveOur client is an international organization that works to ensure the delivery ...