About Ronald Mutie:
I am a radio journalist with over 15 years of experience mostly working with China Radio International performing professional journalistic duties in writing, presenting, translating, and reading balanced, informative, and interesting stories to members of the public. Throughout my career, I have told local stories from an international perspective reaching millions of consumers across the globe.
My other skills include
-Interviewing, Organizing media events, Photography, Translation, Researching, and writing informational news articles and stories in English and Swahili
-Maintaining up to date newsworthy web-based material
-Ability to implement information programs to publicize priority issues and/or major events.
-Monitoring and analyzing current events, public opinion, and press and advice management on appropriate action.
-Collecting and analyzing data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables, and reports.
-Developing Public Relations campaigns and media relations strategies.
- Supervised up to 10 newsroom reporters and guided 5 interns every college semester with the basis of working for a major organization.
- Reported live from the ground and conducted some recordings for special programmes and head of features at the station.
- Attended press conferences and workshops and seminars to get news.
- Conducted personal interviews in person or on the phone.
- Generated news story ideas for reporters and edited news scripts.
- Involved in interviewing and writing feature stories.
- Followed up leads for potential new stories.
- Responded quickly and professionally to tip-offs.
News Reporting/Feature Writing
- Generated catchy headlines for features.
- Built contacts to maintain a flow of news from a variety of organizations, the general public, etc;
- Sought out investigating stories via contacts, press releases, and other media sources.
- Answered phone calls on the news desk and reacted to breaking news stories.
News Editing And Translation
- Assigned staff journalists to cover news stories.
- Translation from English to Swahili and vice versa
- Reviewed and edited stories for factual accuracy.
- Involved in decision-making about the relative importance of different stories and ensuring that they fit the available space or time slot.
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, the Presbyterian University of East Africa Diploma In Professional Broadcast Journalism, Zetech College, 2006
- Diploma In Public Relations Zetech College, 2006
Professionals in the same Marketing / Advertising / Public Relations sector as Ronald Mutie
Professionals from different sectors near Nairobi, Nairobi Area
Other users who are called Ronald
Jobs near Nairobi, Nairobi Area
2 weeks agoDirect apply
beBee Professionals Nairobi, Kenya Database Developers Freelance KSh20,000 - KSh40,000 per month
A private international organization (NGO) in partnership with the government has created new vacancies for graduates and undergraduates within Nairobi. Our company deals with Worldwide Business Inven ...
Inkomoko Nairobi, Kenya Full time
Inkomoko's vision is an Africa with thriving communities where young people and refugees are engaged, communities have access to relevant innovations for self-determination, and where African solution ...
The National Treasury Nairobi, Kenya Full time
ABOUT THE COMPANY · The National Treasury derives its mandate from the Constitution 2010, the Public Management Act 2012 and the Executive Order No.2/2013. · The core functions of the National Treasur ...