About Maryanna Mbithe:
I am a final-year civil engineering student with a passion for designing and building structures that leave a lasting impact on communities. Throughout my academic journey, I have acquired a solid foundation in civil engineering principles and developed a keen eye for detail and problem-solving.
My coursework has equipped me with a deep understanding of structural analysis, project management, and environmental considerations in engineering projects. I have honed my technical skills in software such as AutoCAD, allowing me to tackle complex engineering challenges efficiently.
What sets me apart is my commitment to innovation and sustainability in engineering. I believe in the power of sustainable design to address the evolving needs of society while minimizing our environmental footprint. I am eager to contribute my knowledge and enthusiasm to projects that prioritize sustainability and community well-being.
As a dedicated and motivated individual, I have actively engaged in extracurricular activities, including Environmental Clubs in college where I've had the opportunity to collaborate with peers on real-world projects, further enhancing my teamwork and leadership skills.
I am excited about the prospect of joining a dynamic team where I can apply my education and skills to make a meaningful impact. My goal is to contribute to the successful execution of civil engineering projects, applying innovative solutions to enhance the infrastructure and quality of life for communities.
I look forward to the opportunity to discuss how my academic background, technical skills, and passion for civil engineering can benefit your organization and contribute to its continued success.
County Government – Engineering Trainee; Makueni January 2023 – March 2023
- Assisted in project management and resource allocation of a World Bank financed project of almost 10000 USD.
- Responsible for conducting various field tests, such as soil compaction tests and concrete quality tests, and collecting data for analysis.
- Participated in safety meetings, conducted safety inspections and ensured that workers were using appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Monitored all expenses, prepared cost estimates and assisted in cost control measure. I also assisted in subcontractor scheduling.
- Assisted in conducting regular site inspections ensuring the construction work was progressing according to plans and specifications. I worked closely with senior engineers and project managers to verify that work was being performed safely.
Ministry of Public Works – Engineering Trainee; Nairobi, January 2022– March 2022
- Documented project’s progresses, change of plans, safety reports and also assisted in filing staff data.
- Managed a trainee group as project leader to deliver design assignments on Civil 3D and AutoCAD.
- Assisted surveyors in measuring and mapping construction sites ensuring accurate placement of structures and infrastructure.
In total we managed to map 2 sites around Nairobi area
Machakos University - Machakos, Expected December 2023
Bachelor in building and civil Engineering - Expected December 2023
CURRENT MEAN GRADE; 64%
Enrolled for a leadership course - Online Course at Udemy September 2023
- I got to learn how motivate and inspire team members to achieve what’s best for them and also for the company.
- Understood emotional intelligence to better understand and manage one’s own emotions and those of others.
Took a course in Contract Management - Online Course at Udemy September 2023
- Understood evaluating the financial implications of contracts, including cost-benefit analysis and ROI assessment.
- How to ensure all parties adhere to terms and conditions of the contract throughout its duration.
Enrolled for a Communication Skills Course – at Udemy September 2023
- Understood the need to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, clients and peers.
Professionals who compete with Maryanna
Professionals in the same Engineering / Architecture sector as Maryanna Mbithe
Professionals from different sectors near Machakos
Jobs near Machakos
2 months agoDirect apply
beBee Professionals Juja, Kenya Essay Writers Freelance KSh20,000 - KSh45,000 per month
Infinite Freedom Project is a private international organization (NGO) in partnership with the government has created new vacancies for graduates and undergraduates within Nairobi. Our company deals w ...
1 month agoDirect apply
beBee Professionals Embakasi, Kenya General Sales Freelance KSh20,000 - KSh45,000 per month
JANUARY VACANCIES In IFP COMPANY · Our company In nairobi is urgently looking for Office workers, Distributors, Packers and Sales representatives who want to work from 8:00am to 4:00pm... · Requirem ...
1 month agoDirect apply
beBee Professionals Juja, Kenya Financial Consulting Services Freelance KSh20,000 - KSh38,000 per month
A private international organization (NGO) in partnership with the government has created new vacancies for graduates and undergraduates within Nairobi. Our company deals with Worldwide Business Inven ...