Lynnet laina Lynnet laina
Clinical/ Community Nutritionist
About Lynnet laina Lynnet laina:
An outgoing, self-motivated and ambitious individual with excellent people skills and the ability to coordinate team efforts to meet organizational goals. Dedicated development professional that is highly dependable in ensuring proper planning of daily needs and carrying out development needs of the target population. I have a strong interest in learning sound practical skills in monitoring and evaluation, community sensitization, and mobilization. Efficient work habits without supervision. I am Registered and Licensed by KNDI and with 4 years Experience , Adaptable to environment change, nutritionist with extensive experience providing first-class results. Meets job demands and deadlines through diligent work ethic and dedication to quality.
AUGUST 2018-NOV 2018 BISSIL HEALTH CENTER-COMMUNITY NUTRITION -IBL
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advocating for the improvement of maternal and infant nutrition;
- Educating and creating public awareness on prevention, management, and control of diet-related non-communicable diseases;
- Supporting and managing people with HIV/AIDS;
- Educate postnatal mothers on exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of the baby’s life
- carry out the MALEZI BORA initiative ( vitamin A supplementation)
- carry out the nutrition care process
- Engaged with key stakeholders, communicating complex nutrition information into simple messages relating to food and health.
- Followed up with clients after sessions to verify satisfaction and program adherence.
- Communicated complex nutritional information into understandable user-friendly guidance to support client journey.
- Worked with clients to assess and adjust nutrition and lifestyle habits for optimized wellness.
- Supported client recruitment for nutrition management programs and services.
- Collaborated with local professionals to increase service referrals and build on existing partnerships.
SEPTEMBER 2019-NOV 2019 MOI TEACHING AND REFERRAL HOSPITAL -CLINICAL NUTRITION IBL
Duties and Responsibilities
- Educated patients, families and medical practitioners on nutrient balance and macronutrient intake.
- Attended local wellbeing events, providing group nutrition and dietary guidance for improved community health.
- Maintained accurate paperwork and records to benefit other healthcare professionals, ensuring holistic patient care.
- Organized, implemented and evaluated group education sessions for client groups and healthcare professionals.
- Worked with colleagues and clients at all levels to provide expert dietetic support.
- Counselled pregnant women on nutritional requirements and suggestions for healthy diets.
- Helped individuals reduce symptoms of chronic illnesses with dietary management strategies.
- Evaluated unique nutrient and energy requirements for each patient based on BMI, lifestyle and individual medical issues.
- Selected snack and meal plans in accordance with client medical history, allergies and nutritional needs.
- Translated technical and nutritional information into understandable messages for non-expert audiences.
- Promoted health education and self-care practices, maximizing treatment efficacy and mitigating future risk factors.
- Consulted with patients on lifestyle changes related to diet and exercise.
- Provided dietetic support to mental health inpatients, caring for disordered eating conditions, malnutrition and diabetes.
- Offering nutrition advice and supporting information to patients, families, caregivers and clinical teams to aid continuity of care.
- Supported health care professionals in understanding and implementing dietetic care programmes.
MAY 2021-DATE NUTRITIONIST VOLUNTEER
Duties and responsibilities
Carry through and govern the inpatient and outpatient therapeutic feeding of severely malnourished under-fives while following the stipulated protocol.
- Implement and supervise the supplementary feeding of the moderately malnourished under-fives, pregnant/lactating mothers, individuals with medical conditions (HIV/AIDS and TB).
- Ensure the Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program activities are implemented effectively.
- Implement a comprehensive Maternal, Infant, and Young Child Nutrition program (MIYCN) with a strong Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) approach.
- Supervise and monitor the hospital inpatients diet including the special diets for medical cases like diabetes, TB, HIV/AIDS, Hypertensive among others.
- Train and mentor the nutrition program staff and the coordinated community healthcare teams through identification of capacity gaps and carrying out refresher training and on-the-job training.
- Design and conduct training on Growth Monitoring Promotion (GMP), Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM) and MIYCN to other mainstream health professionals.
- Develop key messages in nutrition to the targeted beneficiaries, and ensure it is delivered appropriately.
- Offer nutrition support through counseling to persons with medical conditions including Comprehensive Care Clinic clients.
- Outline and conduct the annual health and nutrition surveys together with other partners in the locality.
- Plan and conduct mass MUAC screening of the under-fives on a quarterly basis reciprocally with the Community Healthcare Promoters.
2016-2022 THE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF KENYA
Bachelor's Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics ( second class upper division)
2012-2014 KENYA INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL WORK AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics ( pass)
2007-2010 BARAKA ONTOOYIE GIRLS SECONDARY SCHOOL
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)( c+)
1998-2006 A.I.C GIRLS PRIMARY SCHOOL
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
Professionals who compete with Lynnet
Professionals in the same Law Enforcement / Security sector as Lynnet laina Lynnet laina
Professionals from different sectors near Kajiado
Other users who are called Lynnet
Jobs near Kajiado
M-Gas Kajiado, Kenya Full time
ABOUT THE COMPANY · M-Gas is using technology to transform lives by providing clean cooking gas to all Kenyans 24 hrs, 7 days a week. · JOB SUMMARY · Personal AttributesIntegrity, Honesty, Commitment ...
Sunculture Kajiado, Kenya Full time
ABOUT THE COMPANY · SunCulture is always looking for people who are as passionate as we are about renewable energy, agriculture and impacting people's lives · JOB SUMMARY · About RoleAs a Sales Team L ...
World Vision Kajiado, Kenya Full time
ABOUT THE COMPANY · World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of childre ...