Conscientious and motivated Human Resource Assistant with exceptional administrative and organizational skills. Communicate effectively with colleagues with proven ability to support departmental goals and advocate effectively for staff interests. Stays on top of demands in fast-paced environments b ...
Conscientious and motivated Human Resource Assistant with exceptional administrative and organizational skills. Communicate effectively with colleagues with proven ability to support departmental goals and advocate effectively for staff interests. Stays on top of demands in fast-paced environments by effectively using slow periods. Diligent Human Resources Personnel with demonstrated ability to anticipate departmental needs and facilitate productivity. Versed in data management with strong grasp of relevant regulations and best practices.
Human Resource Administrative Assistant
CS Corporation E.A. Limited – Nairobi Kenya - February 2015 – Current
- Enhanced team workflows and employee job satisfaction by coordinating communication between managers and employees.
- Recruited, hired and oversaw staff by overseeing job interviews, conducting exit interviews and leading onboarding sessions.
- Improved office efficiency by effectively managing internal communications and correspondence.
- Pre-screened resumes prior to sending to corporate hiring manager for consideration.
- Filed paperwork, sorted and delivered mail, and maintained office organization.
- Administered compensation, allowance, bonuses, benefits and performance management systems and safety and recreation programs.
- Organized new employee orientation schedules for new hires.
- Provided active support in communicating with the applicants (internal/external candidates) about the vacancy announcement, until the recruitment is completed.
- Provided administrative support in on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Maintained confidential personnel records, HR databases, and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Used HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines ensuring the e-recruitment system is fully leveraged and contains updated information.
- Supported with any other HR administrative task as required.
Umoja Social Justice Center – Nairobi, Kenya - November 2020 – Current
- Went through an extensive five-day training on handling victims, reporting and referral paths to help the victims with the help they required.
- Handled rape and assault cases at the center.
- Assisted with community resource programs by supporting individuals in need with accurate information and resource referrals.
- Organized and executed events for comrades and program recipients.
- Prepared budgets and cost estimates for projects.
- Assisted with food distribution by packaging items to hand out.
- Worked with at-risk youth to provide advice, activities, and educational opportunities.
- Offered support and companionship to homebound and hospitalized individuals.
- Delivered donations, meals, and other support to people unable to travel or afford necessities.
Soulmate Music Kenya – Nairobi, Kenya - March 2015 – Current
Soulmate Music is a duo rap group doing conscience Hip Hop music focused on spreading the message of social justice and hope.
- Worked with Support Women Artists Now (SWAN) Kenya and performed at SWAN Day held every March annually to celebrate and encourage female artists.
- Worked with PAWA 254 and performed at PAWA Festival held annually at Koinange Street to sensitize masses on social justice issues.
- Worked with Dandora HipHop City and recorded a song on social justice.
- Worked with Fight Inequality Alliance and performed at USAWA festival held annually to promote equality amongst all.
- Worked with Turning Tables Kenya and performed at Freedom Day to support freedom in art.
- Worked with Pine Breeze Youth Group in Kariobangi South to organize and perform at Peace Concert to encourage peaceful re-elections in 2017.
- Performed at Umoja Social Justice Center launch.
- Performed alongside Tony Blackman, US Hip Hop Ambassador, at WAPI 2.0 by Buddha Blaze of Safaricom Blaze.
Freelance – Nairobi, Kenya - Feb 2015 – Current
- Developed engaging, interesting stories with strong characterization, plots and themes.
- Prepared high-quality works with minimal errors for review by editors and publishing staff.
- Conveyed factual information via technical papers and articles.
- Accomplished deadlines consistently through proper planning and diligent work on all assignments.
- Achieved authentic detail with in-depth research of occupations, environments and time periods.
- Collaborated with team members to meet daily demands and handle challenging projects.
- Trained amature transcriptionists and offered necessary resources i.e working space, computers and Internet.
Impact Hub – Nairobi, Kenya - Feb 2014 – Feb 2015
- Built up blogs with fresh, relevant, and engaging content.
- Reduced load by eliminating non-relevant emails and handling basic responses.
- Built useful and easily used databases for contact information and other key data points.
- Created correspondence and content for business and personal use.
- Curating articles on scoop.it.
- Preparing Newsletters on Mail Chimp.
Daproim Africa – Nairobi, Kenya - Feb 2014 – Feb 2015
- Transcribed the recorded dictation to produce different reports.
- Minimized mistakes by recognizing inconsistencies and problems with dictated terms.
- Determined which information should be included or excluded in the final reports.
- Created high-quality, error-free documents.
- Investigated terminology using dictionaries, manuals and reference texts.
- Accurately translated jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to create accurate files.
- Worked effectively with diverse team to accomplish daily objectives and meet long-term goals.
- Kept all areas clean, organized and in line with company professional standards.
Attachee – Human Resource Department
Kenya Institute of Management – Nairobi, Kenya - Feb 2013 – April 2013
- Managed HR recordkeeping, including enrollments, staff data and records,
- Handled leave management, pension matters, medical scheme, preliminary interview preparations, preliminary meeting preparations, departmental and company document movement.
- Prepared appointment, resignation, acting and transfer letters.
- Taking minutes, writing memos and reports.
- Handled responsibility allowances, acting and relocation allowances, leave allowances, staff entry and exit matters.
- Analyzed performance appraisals and prepared feedback letters.
- Handled safety and worker’s compensation administration and procedures with maximum efficiency.
- Helped employee relations issues with investigative research and interviews.
- Assisted managers and human resources staff with running consistent and compliant operations by communicating and explaining policies and procedures.
- Supported HR team with staffing, new hire orientations, and on-boarding processes.
Attachee – Finance Department
Kenya Institute of Management – Nairobi, Kenya - June 2011 – Aug 2011
- Accomplished financial objectives by collaborating effectively with internal team members and clients.
- Prepared journal vouchers.
- Handled bank reconciliation, data entry and petty cash analysis.
Certificate in Copyright Law
Harvard School of Law - Nairobi, Kenya - Feb, 2015 - June, 2015
Bachelor of Commerce – Human Resource Management
KCA University - Nairobi, Kenya - December, 2012
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
St. Elizabeth Academy - Nairobi, Kenya - December, 2008
Professionals from different sectors near Nairobi, Nairobi Area
Other users who are called Grace
Jobs near Nairobi, Nairobi Area
Found in: beBee S2 KE - 5 days ago
Aga Khan University Hospital Nairobi Full time
Aga Khan University Hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan and Nairobi, Kenya are private, not-for-profit institutions providing high quality health care. The Main Hospitals serve as the principal sites for clinical training for the University's Medical Colleges and Schools of Nursing an ...
Found in: beBee S2 KE - 5 days ago
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Nairobi Full time
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization. · Job Overview: · Support and enable International Rescue Committee, Inc.'s global implementation of Microsoft D365 ERP, Project Integra, across the organization' ...
Found in: beBee S2 KE - 5 days ago
Plan International Nairobi
THE ORGANIZATION · Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances ch ...