About Bernard Wanyoro:
I have a background degree course in Agriculture (BSc Horticulture) with several years’ experience as an agronomist. I have acquired vast knowledge and skills in my field of study, most likely agronomy skills in fruits, vegetables, cereals and industrial crops. As well as commercial production, dealing with farmers/Out growers groups, Suppliers, carrying out field research projects, knowledge on farm audits such GAP, reports writing and documentation. In addition, I’ve managerial skills, knowledge in dealing and interacting with organization staffs, casuals and farmers.
Granted the opportunity I believe I have what it takes to deliver more and excellently on assigned tasks and responsibilities. Am flexible, quick to pick up new skills and eager to learn from others and believe that, I could easily fit into your team.
AUGUST 2019 TO DECEMBER 2022
Organization: GALANA KULALU FOOD SECURITY PROJECT (KILIFI)
POSITION: ASSISTANT AGRONOMIST (Contract)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating and managing field crop production e.g vegetables, Cereals and Industrial crops
- Coordinating agronomy activities such as Land preparation, Planting, weeding, Application of fertilizers, insecticides and fungicides (Spraying), Pre post-harvest handling etc.
- Monitoring crop nutrition requirements, pests, diseases and determining potential effective control methods. To implement good agricultural practice (GAP).
- Writing and compiling relevant reports such as daily project progress reports, Field research reports, Updating daily field activities reports etc.
- Carrying out project research, implementing trial/demo protocols in the field by ensuring proper field layout, demarcation and labeling
- Collecting field data, data entry and analysis of data both qualitative and quantitative using excel, Genstat etc. and giving recommendations
JAN 2018 TO MAY 2019
Organization: AMBANGO FRESH GREENS LIMITED
POSITION: TECHNICAL AGRONOMIST
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating, mobilizing and contracting farmers/Out growers’ farmers groups and providing agronomic support on vegetables, Fruits, Cereals, herbs farming and Pre post-harvest handling.
- Giving farmers technical advises (educational trainings) and follow-up in order to have profitable field productions.
- Collecting and taking soil and water samples for analysis
- Training farmers on crop pests and diseases monitoring, application of fertilizers, application of pesticides and fungicides(crop protection)
- Carrying out field demo/trials, data entry, Analysis and giving recommendations
- Ensuring strictly adherence to chemicals application procedures such as mixing of chemicals, application methods, application rates etc. To implement GAP.
- Writing and compiling relevant reports such as daily field progressive reports, Field research reports, Updating daily field activities reports etc.
- In charge of Standards certifications e.g. Global GAP Farming certification etc. and training farmers on how to implement them.
- Linking farmers to financial partners, providing accurate and timely planting projections to farmers, all depending with markets research and links(Production plans)
- Conducting internal farms audits and preparing weekly, monthly and yearly reports as required
Organization: AAA GROWERS COMPANY THIKA
POSITION: Student Attachment
Duties, Responsibilities and Achievements
- Coordinating and supervising agronomy activities such as Land preparation, irrigation either by use of drips, furrows, overhead or pivot system, Planting, Fertilizer application, Weeding, Mulching, Crop protection/Spray, and Pre post-Harvest.
- Identification of pests, diseases and determining potential effective control methods. Either physical, Biological or Chemical control method
- Monitoring crop performance, nutrients requirements and supply all depending with the crop and soil analysis results
2013-2017 MERU UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Pursued Bachelor of Science in horticulture (second class honors upper division)
2009-2012 NYAHURURU BOYS HIGH SCHOOL
Kenya certificate of secondary education (Attained mean grade B)
1999-2008 MUIRIGO PRIMARY SCHOOL
Kenya certificate of primary education (Attained 350 marks out of 500)
Professionals in the same Agriculture sector as Bernard Wanyoro
Professionals from different sectors near Thika, Nairobi Area
Other users who are called Bernard
Jobs near Thika, Nairobi Area
RTI International Nairobi, Kenya Full time
ABOUT THE COMPANY · RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and mu ...
3 weeks agoDirect apply
beBee Professionals Nairobi, Kenya Supplier & Vendor Sourcing Freelance KSh20,000 - KSh35,000 per month
A private international organization (NGO) in partnership with the government has created new vacancies for graduates and undergraduates within Nairobi. Our company deals with Worldwide Business Inven ...
The Nairobi Women's Hospital Nairobi, Kenya Full time
The Nairobi Women's Hospital is a hospital in Nairobi, Kenya. The hospital was founded in 2001 by Dr. Sam Thenya and is the first of its kind in the East and Central Africa region. Even if it speciali ...