About Agnes Thuo:
I am a health system strengthening advocate with a focus on capacity building through training, auditing and supporting quality healthcare improvement initiatives. I have passion for promoting child health and highly interested in health policy development. I have gained experience in compliance management, quality improvement, policy and procedure formulation, auditing, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action management.
Quality Improvement Officer- MP Shah Hospital (2021 To Date)
The overall purpose of this role is to oversee the implementation of quality improvement by analyzing, identifying, monitoring quality programs and ensuring quality improvement systems are maintained in accordance with best practice standards.
- Leadership and direction- support the implementation of quality improvement program for the hospital. Provide professional advice on operational excellence throughout the hospital. Planning, priority setting and decision making to ensure that quality and risk management initiatives are implemented.
- Performance and process improvement- provide support and coordination to department and service leaders for quality improvement measures and activities across the hospital. Facilitate development of standards, policies and procedures for quality improvement.
- Monitoring and evaluation- implement monitoring and evaluation frameworks for quality improvement in the hospital. Develops monitoring and audit tools for all quality aspects in the hospital, coordinate and lead a monitoring and evaluation team. Provide leadership and support for all teams during process.
- Data analysis, validation, benchmarking and reporting- implement data analysis and data validation policies and procedures. Initiate and develop implementation of data collection and subsequent improvements. Support departments and teams in analysis of quality relevant to their departments, offer support and guidance on the same as required. Participate in benchmarking, both internal and external benchmarking.
- Coaching, mentoring and training- mentor and develop teams on quality improvement in assigned departments. Develop and participate in regular quality improvement trainings.
- Research and innovation- participate in quality improvement research to ensure the hospital keeps improving in line with best practice and evidence based practices. Regularly innovate or recommend innovative solutions which will solve quality and patient safety challenges in the hospital.
- Regulatory and accreditation- participate in hospital projects, JCI accreditation standard implementation across the whole hospital and act as the JCI survey coordinator. Participate in ISO standards implementation and KAIZEN implementation process.
- Risk management- Implement an effective risk management program in the designated departments. Participate in risk management activities.
- Participation in hospital committees- Advisory role on matters quality improvement and patient safety.
Senior Registered Nurse (MP Shah Hospital)
Paediatric Unit (April 2016 To 2018), Medical Surgical Unit (2019), Covid -19 Isolation Unit (2020-)
The Mater Hospital Nairobi-Medical Surgical Unit (August2012 to March 2016)
- Team leading- supervision of all staff during shifts, coordination of other departments to ensure timely patient care, ensure all patient procedures are done in time, hand over patient reports to nurses covering the hospital and nursing staff of the next shift
- Perform patient care procedure according to the Nursing Council and hospital policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure all staff and students in the unit adhere to infection control measures according to the hospitals policies and work instruction.
- Assessment and situational analysis of infection control in the unit.
- Communication of new policies and work instruction changes from the hospital infection control committee to the staff and students in the unit.
- Conducting continuous nursing education and giving updates on infection control in the unit.
- Monthly report on infection control status of the unit.
- Supervision, orientation and mentoring of student when in rotation in the unit.
- Conducting nursing practical assessment on trainee nurses in coordination with nursing school tutors.
- Provide individualized care to the patients and documents in a timely and accurate manner.
Ensure complete and accurate records of patient documentation
- Smile train Africa: TOT for Nursing Care Saves Lives Training in Africa
- Nursing symposium panellist 2019 at MP Shah
- Member of Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Committee- Vice Secretary, Risk Management Committee- Vice Secretary, Antimicrobial Stewardship Committee, Clinical Alarms Management Committee- Secretary, Project AMUA Co-cordinator at MP Shah hospital
- Volunteered as a nurse in several surgical camps to date in hardship areas in Kenya, Mogadishu, Garowe & Baydhabo, Somalia, Angola, South Sudan and Madaripur, Bangladesh
- Wound care champion 2016
- Infection prevention and control link nurse.
- Stock management nurse 2014.
- Volunteered as a nurse with Lea Toto USAID programme in October 2010 & May 2011, working with children living with HIV& AIDS.
- Participated in continuous medical training.
- Infection control and Diabetic nurse advisor at Kam Industries Ltd 2016
Registered Nurse PACU
Belarisu Foundation funded by Smile Train Africa - 2018 to 2021
- Providing post anaesthesia care to patient immediately post operatively
- Detect early changes in a patient’s condition which may indicate potentially life threatening complications
- Close monitoring of vital signs while patients recover post anaesthesia
- Surgical wound management post operatively
- Capacity building in the local hospitals to empower the local nurse
- Psychological care to the patients and relatives post operatively
- 2015-2018: Kenya Methodist University
Bachelor of Science Health System Management
- 2009-2012: The Mater Hospital School of Nursing
Diploma in Nursing (Registered Nurse)
- 2004-2007: Moi Girls School Nairobi
Kenya certificate of Secondary School
Attained B plain
Professionals who compete with Agnes
Professionals in the same Healthcare sector as Agnes Thuo
Professionals from different sectors near Westlands, Nairobi Area
Other users who are called Agnes
Jobs near Westlands, Nairobi Area
2 weeks agoDirect apply
beBee Professionals Nairobi, Kenya Data Entry Freelance KSh25,000 - KSh40,000 per month
A private international organization (NGO) in partnership with the government has created new vacancies for graduates and undergraduates within Nairobi. Our company deals with Worldwide Business Inven ...
Found in: beBee S2 KE - 6 days ago
Peace Winds Japan Nairobi, Kenya Full time
Objective of the assignment · The consultancy task is to analyze the census data and document the findings in a comprehensive report. The consultant shall analyze data in table formats, and submit the ...
CIC Insurance Nairobi, Kenya Full time
CIC Insurance Group Limited, commonly referred to as CIC Group, is an insurance and investment group that operates mainly in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi · PURPOSE: · Responsible for receivin ...